These caramel apples are chewy, and sticky, and taste just like the real deal. Except, they’re healthy!
And, no one will ever guess! If you can’t already tell by the amount of exclamation points in the post, I want to shout it from the roof tops, Go make this recipe right now!
Serving size: 1 apple Calories: 106 Fat: 2 g Protein: 2 g Carbs: 24 g Fiber: 4 g Sugar: 12 g
4 apples 1 cup pitted dates 1/4 – 1/2 cup almond milk 1 teaspoon coconut oil 1 dash sea salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Start with 1/4 cup almond milk and add until consistency is thick enough for caramel to stick to the apples.
3. Insert a popsicle stick into the top/center of each apple.
4. Dip in caramel sauce until it’s evenly covered on each apple.
5. Refrigerate until caramel is firm.
Easy Related Posts
Are Your Fish Oil Supplements Causing More Harm Than Good?
A recent consumer survey conducted for the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) found omega-3 supplements ...read more
3 Health Trends to Avoid in 2017 (and 3 you should try now)
Every year, it’s something different; new health trends and hyped-up food fads pop up—most long ...read more
When Is the “Best” Time to Work Out?
Simply put, the best time to workout is when you have time. I know that ...read more
8 Reasons You Should Be Eating More Healthy Fats
Well, hello there! It’s Georgia, and I’m right in the middle of enjoying some fresh, ...read more